Haqqani Fellowship Terms of Service
The Haqqani Fellowship is a social network dedicated to all the students and followers of the Naqshbandi-Haqqani Sufi Order.
All are welcome on this site, including members of other Sufi Orders as well as those not associated with any Sufi Order at all as long as everybody can respect the rights of others, and respect a few simple rules.
In order to maintain a community where all members may express themselves, we agree to the following guidelines for appropriate behavior.
In the event of any violations of these guidelines, our monitoring system will automatically flag your account and temporary disable it. Administrators reserve the right to remove any postings (video, text, etc.) and if needed, close user accounts.
All members are asked to maintain proper etiquette (adab) of Islam and tariqa during all activities on the site. If you are unsure whether or not your content is appropriate, you are advised to check with an administrator before posting.
Respect for The Rights of Others:
* No spamming. The Haqqani Fellowship does not allow any form of spamming. This includes posting excessive messages on members pages that are outside of one's circle of friends. Failure to comply withis policy may result account cancellation.
* No self-promotion, branded messaging, personal advertising or excessive posting of links and redirects to external social sites such as Facebook.
* Do not register under a obscene or slanderous name. The admins will not accept the registration of any user with an inappropriate name.
* No impersonation. You may use aliases, nicknames, etc. for your name, however do not impersonate any person or entity, administrator, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
* No harassment of other users. We often hold different opinions and viewpoints on matters that are important to us. Debate is allowed but be cautious that vigorous debate does not descend into behavior that could lead to you being removed from the site.
* No hate speech. Hate speech is anything that is designed to incite hatred or violence towards a specific group or individual, based on racial, religious, sexual, ethnic, or other group identification.
* Swearing, bullying, name calling, foul language, and slanderous or libelous remarks will not be tolerated.
* Threats, stalking, “dropping docs,” or other predatory behavior will result in your account being banned.
* If a banned user wishes to be re-instated, the administration will consider reinstatement. The banned user should contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request a reinstatement review. The administration will consider each case on its merits.
Respect for Self:
* If you are a victim of harassment, stalking, or other unacceptable behavior, do not engage the person with more insults and become part of the problem. Inform administration immediately.
* If harassment persists, inform administration for investigation.
* Do not belittle yourself by starting fights. If you disagree with a person, explain your points of disagreement; don’t just name call.
Important note: It is up to the person being abused to report a problem. A third party may make us aware of a situation, but only the person being abused may file a formal complaint.
Respect for the Rules:
The Haqqani Fellowship respects individual rights and freedom of expression, but we also operate within the laws of the nations where we reside, and will do our best to uphold those laws.
We are hosted on the Ning.com platform, and are covered under their Terms of Service (TOS), which can be found at: http://about.ning.com/tos.php
Appropriate Content for The Haqqani Fellowship is any material that you care to make, as long as you follow a few guidelines:
* No pornographic or obscene content - videos, writings, drawings, photographs, or the like, especially those having little or no artistic merit.
* No extreme graphic content or violence.
* Nothing that violates any laws, other members’ rights, or the Ning TOS.
* The Haqqani Fellowship is bound by the rules of the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act), and will respond to DMCA complaints as required by law. DMCA complaints may result in your videos being removed, and multiple complaints may result in your account being suspended.
If you have any questions about the appropriateness of particular content, please check with an Admin before uploading.
The Haqqani Fellowship may remove obvious violations of copyright law. Multiple content removals may result in the suspension of your account. “Fair Use” of a copyrighted work is defined in section 107 of the Copyright Act (title 17, U.S. Code) as reproduction of a work for the purposes of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. Parody is not listed in the code, but has traditionally been protected by the courts. Additionally, if a DMCA is filed against your video, and you are claiming “Fair Use,” the law will also look at:
§ the purpose and character of your use,
§ the nature of the copyrighted work,
§ amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
§ the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
Full U.S. Copyright law can be found at: http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html
Any questions or problems you may have can be brought to the attention to any of these administrators.
Sons of Habibi
These rules are not comprehensive and may be changed at any time. Should an administrator ask you to remove or change your content, please treat these requests with respect.
Please review these rules regularly so you are aware of any changes.
If you need to contact administration, please use the internal messaging service or send an email to email@example.com
And remember, the admins are here to answer questions if you're confused about anything.
We hope you enjoy The Haqqani Fellowship and we look forward to hearing from you.
The Haqqani Fellowship